I’ve started to notice some things about the life I live, because, I don’t know about the rest of the world, but I’ve never spent this much time at home, or this much time with myself. The fact that there’s still so much time left is giving me palpitations, but let’s just ignore that for a moment and focus on the issue at hand: Introspection, or as I like to call it: Overanalyzing.
Below, are 30 things I’ve realized about myself during this quarantine:
1. I could definitely get used to a life without a commute
2. I’m way more comfortable not showering than I thought I was
3. Maybe my hair is meant to be greasy, and that's just its destiny
4. The limit of cookies I can eat in one day does not exist
5. There’s also no limit to the amount of wine I can drink
6. The limit to the amount of time I can spend watching Netflix, HBO, Hulu, whatever, also does not exist. I clearly have no limits.
7. I definitely don’t drink enough water. Even though I’m home. Even though it’s within arm’s reach. I can’t do it. Stop trying to make me
8. There should be a word for being incredibly anxious and totally chill at the same time. “Nervill”? or “Chillanx”? I like that one. I’m chillanx all the time
9. I have way more pairs of sweatpants than I was aware of, and somehow I don’t have enough
10. ...speaking of which, I have an online shopping addiction, even if I can’t afford anything
11. The reason I don’t clean my room usually is not because I don’t have time, it’s because I don’t want to. I know this because I now have all the time in the world and my room is still messy
12. I’m way too used to being surrounded by people at all times, and the idea of being alone with my thoughts confuses me
13. I complain a lot but I have no real problems
14. I don’t need as much structure in a day as I thought I did. I really only go by coffee hours vs. wine hours now.
15. My eyebrows are starting to really like each other.
16. No matter how much I like to paint, I cannot draw a hand that doesn't look like a chicken’s claw, and I’m just going to have to come to terms with that.
17. Puzzles are like, super fun... but if I don’t find this piece within the next minute I will flip the table.
18. I don’t break out because I wear too much makeup. I break out because my skin hates me
19. Based on my extensive research into all the pictures in my house, I was the cutest baby on earth. Gerber missed an opportunity.
20. I like baking. The feeling is not mutual yet.
21. I don’t need 3 meals a day. I kinda just start eating when I wake up, and stop when I got to sleep.
22. I talk to myself a lot. I’m incredibly entertaining.
23. I could be a motivational speaker, I motivate myself to do things I don’t want to do every single day.
24. I like ASMR a lot, but people chewing into a microphone make me want to chop my ears off.
25. In my pre-quarantine life I spent a lot more money than I thought on food and coffee. I miss that.
26. I spend ridiculous amounts of time looking at food and puppy videos on Instagram.
27. On that note: I find it really disrespectful that I don’t have a dog to play with during this time
28. After spending countless hours with him, I’m happy to declare that my boyfriend is pretty cool. I did a good job.
29. I have no idea how to sit still, and I don’t know how I ever sat at a desk all day.
30. I dread exercising, but the endorphins make me forget how bad it was once it’s over, so I keep doing it. Kinda like Stockholm Syndrome.
Anyway, that’s me. I’ll probably keep realizing things as the cabin fever continues to set in and I run out snacks and content on Netflix. Am I okay? I guess so?